...was a busy day, for sure!
Did some good thinking and editing on current story. Let's give it a hint of a title: "Trouble".
Anyway, I tried to reduce it down to the bare essentials - the minimum I needed to arrive at the payoff at the end. I was getting into little subplots and side streets - too long for a simple short. I thought back to the 55 Word Fiction Project more than once. I also focused on how simple the idea was originally. So I trimmed the fat and made an outline of things the story must contain, then began to rewrite the whole thing from the start to see how compactly I could hit all those points.
So far so good. I'm feeling better about the story already
, even though my deadline is tomorrow!
2.2 hours/ pages? minus 2?
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment